Food Bank Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Maintains food pantry inventory by placing orders with Food Bank of the Rockies as well as purchasing food and non-food items from local stores.
2) Trains and provides daily supervision of food pantry volunteers.
3) Solicit, coordinate, and process community food drives.
4) Plan and coordinate holiday meals; summer lunch program; firewood
5) Manage business donor relationships and recognize all donors as appropriate.
6) Coordinate pickup and delivery of food items; organize shopping and storage areas.
7) Responsible for implementing food pantry policies and procedures.
8) Provide snacks/meals for shoppers on daily basis.
9) Anticipate, evaluate and plan for current and future pantry needs.
10) All other duties as assigned.
COMPETENCY: To perform the sub successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
1) Candidate should have experience supervising and working with volunteers or working within a non-profit organization.
2) Skills in verbal and written communication and the ability to plan and organize multiple work tasks as well as good interpersonal communication skills are essential.
3) Ability to speak on behalf of EChO at community events and programs
4) Passion and desire to support the mission of EChO and to help all in need.
EDUCATION: Minimum requirement is a High School diploma, college degree preferred. Additionally, two years of non-profit work experience is desired.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Must have the ability to communicate effectively in English. Must have the ability to give and receive information clearly and prepare written reports and documents as needed..
REASONING ABILITY: Must have the ability to apply common sense in carrying out instructions.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Must have basic knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and database software.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Works closely with and directly supervises Assistant Food Bank Manager. Supervises food pantry volunteers.
CERTIFICATES & LICENSES: Must have a valid Colorado driver’s license with current automobile insurance.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. There will be some lifting, carrying, unloading and moving of food products involved. Must be able to walk, stand, reach, bend and move for long periods of time. Also may involve sitting at computer for long hours or driving vehicle.
SALARY & BENEFITS: Position is an exempt position based on a Monday-Thursday work week. However, this position will require additional hours as needed, Food drives, food pick-ups, community events and programs may necessitate after hour work during evening and weekend hours. Starting Range: $28,000 - $30,000 per year with benefits.
Position open as of February 1, 2019